axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_axis and apache problem: starting apache loads 4 instances of web service
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 14:39:47 GMT
Abdul Sami wrote:
> Okay i have set 'ServerLimit 1', this solves it.
The idea is that as requests come in the master instance of Apache will
spawn more instances as the demand goes up.  You are going to experience
some series performance issues if you do that in production.  If I am
not mistaken, even with ServerLimit 1, there will be two:  one for the
master, and the one that does the work...

There is a -X option to start apache for development/debugging things,
it will NOT spawn ANY more processes.  I am assuming that is what you
are really after.

Sam