axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Supun Kamburugamuva <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Application scope parameters
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 03:15:55 GMT
See my comments inline.

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>wrote:

> In my web service, there are a few setup tasks that only need to
> happen at initialization.  The results need to be saved for the life
> of the service.  To accomplish the setup tasks, the service needs to
> get a parameter from the configuration:
>
> Question:
>
> From within the services init function, is there any way to get a
> parameter element from axis2.xml or services.xml?

It is not possible to access these parameters from init function. You can
access the parameters when the first request comes to the service using the
msg_ctx.

> Question:
>
> After much digging around, is looks like the correct place to persist
> the results of the setup tasks is in the
> axis2_svc_skeleton.func_array, is this correct?

Correct place to put service specific persistant data is axis2_svc_ctx_t.
You can put them in axis2_conf_ctx_t as well.

You can find some useful info here
http://wsaxc.blogspot.com/2008/11/axis2c-handler-parameters.html
http://wsaxc.blogspot.com/2008/11/axis2c-modules-and-persistent.html

Supun.