axis-c-user mailing list archives

From cara <pinkgran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How best to transform a XML file into a message.
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:37:01 GMT
Sam,

IMHO, it isn't worth doing web services unless you use the autogenerated
code. I learned from experience to stop hand jamming xml. If your WSDL
changes, you want to re-autogenerate the plumbing code on both your client
and server side ... and with any luck, any code changes you have are
isolated in the code you had to write in order to use the objects generated
on your client side.

But, I did find your question hard to answer. I've been successful hand
jamming xml (and doing xslt) and wrapping it in a SOAP env for old fashioned
rpc wsdls. But with doc-literal, you should try to use the objects generated
by axis.

did this help?