axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Mike Marchywka <marchy...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How best to transform a XML file into a message.
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 16:17:40 GMT

________________________________
> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:37:01 -0700
> Subject: Re: How best to transform a XML file into a message.
> To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
>
> Sam,
>
> IMHO, it isn't worth doing web services unless you use the autogenerated code. I learned
from experience to stop hand jamming xml. If your WSDL changes, you want to re-autogenerate
the plumbing code on both your client and server side ... and with any luck, any code changes
you have are isolated in the code you had to write in order to use the objects generated on
your client side.

I spent a lot of time with the C generated code and never did get it to work
well I so went back to java axis and everything pretty much worked right away.
But, the reason for mentioning this now, is that I have subsequently
found that our service provider often updates the WSDL file. This turns
out to be fine in java since I can diff the wsdl files, re generate
the class files unless there is something gross that has been changed, and
then almost all of my reflection-invoked code still runs: I can archive,
upload, and download things in a complete and consistent manner by just
looking for public get/set methods.

Is there some similar facility in the C- axis to reflection invokation?
I guess if you put all that in a DLL/SO you can load the library of your choice.
With java, if I really need to, I can point the class path to pick up
either the current or prior WSDL class files with little effort.

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry