axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN][Axis2]Apache Axis2/C 1.6.0 Released
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 12:41:31 GMT
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Bennett, Robert P
<Robert.Bennett@ca.com> wrote:

> Quite frankly, I do not like the idea of using a nightly build to
> produce code that is going to be used in a production environment.  Any
> chance of seeing an official stable release any time soon?

Bob,

It really distressing me to have to say this, because I hope I am
simply pointing out the obvious...

This project, Axis2/C, is open source, thus the mire fact that it
exists and there are folks actively working on it at all is something
I very much appreciate.  I don't know it for a fact, but I am very
much under the impression that most of the effort to keep advance
Axis2/C is done by WSO2 Inc.  If my impression is correct, they are
paying folks to work on this project so that you and I can use it how
we like for free.

I have a feeling that if you are willing to support WSO2 Inc.
financially, they would be happy to get the features you need into an
official stable release.  Otherwise I think you should be great full
that folks are putting their own time, energy, and money into this
project.  I know I am very great full, I would not be able to take my
little software product, Photo Parata to the next level without it!

Sam