axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Application scope parameters
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 03:37:10 GMT
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:23 AM, Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Question:
>>
>> From within the services init function, is there any way to get a
>> parameter element from axis2.xml or services.xml?
>
> It is not possible to access these parameters from init function. You can
> access the parameters when the first request comes to the service using the
> msg_ctx.

So the init function call is really only designed to allocate and
setup the svc_skeleton, nothing else, correct?

For me to use Axis2/C, I really MUST get this setup done during the
initialization.  My server is Apache and I have already added the
mod_axis2 code to another custom Apache module.  The setup that needs
to be done is already happening in the Apache module.

Question:

Is there any way to pass the vital information from the Apache module
(axis2_module_init or axis2_handler) into the service?

Sam