axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Sam Carleton <scarle...@miltonstreet.com>
Subject How best to transform a XML file into a message.
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:34:13 GMT
My first operation I need to implement with Axis2/C is sort of
interesting...  I have an XML file on the server that needs to be
transformed and returned to the client.  The question is how best to do this
transformation?

A: Do I use the code generated by WSDL2C and in the call to the operation
populate the response using all the generated code and allowing the gereated
code to serialize it into the SOAP message?

B: Do I write some XSLT (which I do know) to do the transformation in the
services Invoke method?

I like option B better, but I have a feeling there is some namespace and
endpoint data that is magically done for me in option A.  Myself being new
to this whole thing, which would be faster for me to implement?  I am
thinking A, but would the learning experience of implementing B end up
making my life a lot easier down the road?  As I just posed, I have a lot
more to learn about the whole WS-* stuff and to figure out where and/or if
that will fit into my solution, would option B prevent me from using the
other WS-* or do those things kick in before/after the services invoke?

Sam