axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Brown <gordonw.br...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically engage rampart/c
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 04:14:31 GMT
Thanks Supun. So what are the APIs for adding a phase programmatically?

Gordon

________________________________
From: Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com>
To: Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2009 1:51:16 AM
Subject: Re: Programmatically engage rampart/c

Hi Gordon,

Please see my comments inline.

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Gordon Brown <gordonw.brown@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi, All,

I am starting to use axis2/c and rampart/c to build a secured web service client. So far I
have some success in setting up the basic framework to communicate with a web server. I have
a quick question here:

(1) While I can programmatically engage rampart/c (without adding module rampart/c in axis2.xml)
using the following api: axis2_svc_client_engage_module(svc_client, env, "rampart"); I noted
that I still need to go to axis2.xml to add       <phase name="Security"/> in
the phaseOrder inflow/outflow, is there a way that this can also be done programmatically?

Yes, you can add a phase programmatically.

I am asking this because I am not sure if I added the security phase, will it affect web
service client that does not need the security enabled. In another work, will the same axis2.xml
work for BOTH ws-security enabled and NO security required web service client?

No, It won't affect.

(2) If I engage rampart/c programmatically, and all I need is to set password/username for
ws-security purpose, which I can also do it programmatically, do I still need a policy file
in the $CLIENT_HOME fold?

You don't need a policy file in the CLIENT_HOME folder. You can build the policy and set it.

Supun..

Thanks!
Gordon

--