axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Robert P" <Robert.Benn...@ca.com>
Subject RE: [ANN][Axis2]Apache Axis2/C 1.6.0 Released
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:18:54 GMT

It was not my intention to ruffle feathers.  I am certainly appreciative of the efforts by
this group, and have been very impressed with the quality of the releases.  The point that
I (poorly) attempted to make was that there was an official release of axis2/C in which this
list of major changes since last release included the item "Improvements to WSDL2C codegen
tool", which, as it turns out, is actually part of the axis2 project (by virtue of its java-ness,
I presume), so to take advantage of these features I need to use a nightly build, which could
be a moving target.  It would be nice to include a snapshot of the WSDL2C build with the axis2/C
release, since they are tied together functionally, but I don't know how practical that would
be, since it is probably pretty deeply intertwined with the other axis2 java code.

I understand the reasons why things are the way they are, and I can't imagine what a massive
undertaking it is to produce a stable release for these projects.  I didn't mean to disparage
these efforts by my question.  On the other hand, if I know the team is reasonably close to
producing a new release for axis2, I will happily wait for it, but if they're not close, I'll
go with the nightly build.  Of course, the fact of the matter is that the question should
have been asked on the axis2 list, since that's a different project.

Bob