axis-c-user mailing list archives

From ramesh Gopal <fatuzorin2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WSDL2C tool
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 11:40:55 GMT

Hello.

I am having the following wsdl.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="http://xxx/visa_valid" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:tns="http://xxx/visa_valid" name="visa_valid" xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas..xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:wsdlsoap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<wsdl:types>
<schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http:/xxx/visa_valid" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">

<element name="visa_valid">
<complexType>
<sequence>
<element name="in0" type="xsd:string" />
<element name="in1" type="xsd:string" />
<element name="in2" type="xsd:string" />
</sequence>
</complexType>
</element>
<element name="visa_validresponse">
<complexType>
<sequence>
<element name="out0" type="xsd:string" />
<element name="out1" type="xsd:decimal" />
<element name="out2" type="xsd:decimal" />
</sequence>
</complexType>
</element>
</schema>
</wsdl:types>
<wsdl:message name="visa_validresp">
<wsdl:part name="body" element="tns:visa_validresponse" />
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:message name="visa_validreq">
<wsdl:part name="body" element="tns:visa_valid" />
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:portType name="visa_validporttype">
<wsdl:operation name="visa_valid">
<wsdl:input message="tns:visa_validreq" name="visa_validrequest" />
<wsdl:output message="tns:visa_validresp" name="visa_validresponse" />
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>
<wsdl:binding name="visa_validsoapbinding" type="tns:visa_validporttype">
<wsdlsoap:binding style="document" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />

<wsdl:operation name="visa_valid">
<wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
<wsdl:input>
<wsdlsoap:body use="literal" />
</wsdl:input>
<wsdl:output>
<wsdlsoap:body use="literal" />
</wsdl:output>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>
<wsdl:service name="ws_visa">
<wsdl:port binding="tns:visa_validsoapbinding" name="visa_validservice">
<wsdlsoap:address location="http://<ip>:<port>/axis2/services/ws_visa" />

</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

Now when I try to generate the client code using the command:

java org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2C -uri <wsdl_file> -sd -d none

it generates the client stub.

However, there is a lot of difference between the WSDL2JAVA and WSDL2C tools.

The WSDL2C generates the code taking a node as an input value. Then it becomes imperative
that the user forms the xml request and sends it.
But in WSDL2Java, it just needs a value for input (The value can be either a string / integer/
decimal etc value).
Is this a expected behaviour with WSDL2C ????

Does WSDL2C only cater to SOAP requests ? I dont see any code being generated for HTTP / MQ
requests ?