axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <raywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RE : Cannot start axis2_http_server.exe from command line
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:56:09 GMT

Some extra info,

When I compile the axis2/c code, I saw the following warning:

http_server_main.c
...\..\src\core\transport\http\server\simple_axis2_server\http_server_main.c(119)
 : warning C4047: 'function' : 'int *(__cdecl *)()' differs in levels of indirection from
'int'
...\..\src\core\transport\http\server\simple_axis2_server\http_server_main.c(119)
 : warning C4047: 'function' : 'char *const **(__cdecl *)()  ' differs in levels of indirection
from 'char ** '

Line 119 in file http_server_main.c is actually the following line that gives me the access
violation:
    while ((c = AXIS2_GETOPT(argc, argv, ":p:r:ht:l:s:f:")) != -1)
Thanks!
Ray
--- On Wed, 3/11/09, Raymond Zhou <raywang999@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Raymond Zhou <raywang999@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: RE : Cannot start axis2_http_server.exe from command line
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009, 5:44 PM

Sorry I accidentally hit the send button before I finish my message. Here it is again:

What I found is that I got the following access violation:

First-chance exception at 0x00000002 in axis2_http_server.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation
reading location 0x00000002.
Unhandled exception at 0x00000002 in axis2_http_server.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading
location 0x00000002.

It occurs right at the beginning of the following line in http_server_main.c:

      while ((c = AXIS2_GETOPT(argc, argv, ":p:r:ht:l:s:f:")) != -1)

I stepped into AXIS2_GETOPT, and I noticed that access violation occurs at the following line
 if (optind >= __argc || *(pos = __argv[optind]) != '-')

I also noticed I am unable to view the symbales __argc and __argv in memory window
because "Memory could not be displayed for the expression". I was able to see argc and argv
when I stopped in http_server_main.c before the call  AXIS2_GETOPT(..).

Does this seem to be a problem in compilation? I can reproduce the problem in both debug version
and release version. I am working on windows XP platform, and my compiler is Microsoft .NET
visual c++ 2003. My colleage also saw the same problem in UNIX/Linux platforms.

Thanks!
Way