axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Uthaiyashankar <shan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis C/C++ client : basic questions
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 04:12:47 GMT
Hi Balaji,

See my comments..

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM, S Balaji <ijalab@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I work for a commercial software company. Our product is a business
> software that is developed in C++ and runs on various platforms : Solaris,
> Linux, WIndows-32-bit, AIX, HP-UX-Itanium. The C++ compiler we use is vendor
> supplied, not g++. For example in Windows, we use VC++, on AIX, we use xlC.
> Our customer has exposed some web services (WSDL) that we need to make calls
> to. So I basically need a portable C++ Soap client solution for all these
> platforms.
>
> I am open to C as well as C++ solutions for the web services calls. I guess
> Axis2 is more mature than Axis ? The WSDL the customer has given is
> non-trivial with complex types and arrays of complex types.

Axis2/C has a wide coverage of WSDL schema types. I am not sure whether your
case is covered or not. You can post the WSDL so that we can see whether it
is supported or not.

> Given that I need a solution that works on many platforms as mentioned
> above, and also I want latest jira-fixes that have been made, which one
> would you recommend ? Axis cpp or Axis2/C ?
>
> I tried playing with axis-c-1.6b-Win32-trace-bin binaries on windows and
> got hello world/calculator examples to work, but had some problems with
> using my customer's WSDLs. I posted the problems on this forum earlier. It
> was suggested to me to pick up latest source and build it. Here are the
> links for C++ I found, but they appear old :
> http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/download.html -  Can someone please point me
> to the latest ? Thanks a lot.
>
> For Axis2/C : I guess this link is the correct one to pick up from ?
> http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/download.cgi

Yes, it is correct.

> Am I right in saying that Axis CPP or Axis2/C has not been ported to HP-UX
> yet ?

There were some effort to port Axis2/C to HP-UX. You can see the details in
[1]. Hope you would also contribute, so that we can make port it to HP-UX.

You can have a look at WSF/CPP [2] as well. It is a C++ based web service
engine wrapping Axis2/C.

Regards,
Shankar

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2C-924