axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "McCullough, Ryan" <rmccullo...@rightnow.com>
Subject RE: is someone using axis-c web services in production ?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:19:15 GMT
I do not use the server side of Axis C++ (not Axis2 C++), but I will say that 1.5 is very old.
You will want to get the code from the subversion repository. It is much more stable than
1.5 or 1.6 beta. At least this has been our experience with the client.

-Ryan

From: Philippe Torrelli [mailto:philippe.torrelli@alcatel-lucent.fr]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 1:36 AM
To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: is someone using axis-c web services in production ?

Hello,

I tried to test axis-C 1.5.0 that we planned  to rely on to deploy C (++) web services, to
find out that the httpd
server crashes very often, even with sample services .. ( most of the time in calls to free
) .

It doesn't seem to be a problem when using the apache module,  but the module forks a
new process when it handles a call to a web service, which is not efficient enough for the
hardware on which we planned
to host these services, and also prevents us to for example share a pool of connections to
our data base among our .so ...

Is there a stable and working  http transport available, or are people out there just using
the apache module ? or using axis-c only to call
Web services ?

A very easy way to reproduce is to download and install the binary release, use soapui to
send bursts of calls to the 'echo server', the http
transport very soon crashes. I used the very default parameters, tried using rest as well
as soap action mapping..

I had the same kind of results using a recent svn version that I recompiled.

Anyone has success with deploying web services in production with axis C ?

TIA

Philippe.