axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Philippe Torrelli" <philippe.torre...@alcatel-lucent.fr>
Subject is someone using axis-c web services in production ?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:36:16 GMT
Hello,

I tried to test axis-C 1.5.0 that we planned  to rely on to deploy C (++)
web services, to find out that the httpd

server crashes very often, even with sample services .. ( most of the time
in calls to free ) .

It doesn't seem to be a problem when using the apache module,  but the
module forks a

new process when it handles a call to a web service, which is not efficient
enough for the hardware on which we planned

to host these services, and also prevents us to for example share a pool of
connections to our data base among our .so .

Is there a stable and working  http transport available, or are people out
there just using the apache module ? or using axis-c only to call

Web services ?

A very easy way to reproduce is to download and install the binary release,
use soapui to send bursts of calls to the 'echo server', the http

transport very soon crashes. I used the very default parameters, tried using
rest as well as soap action mapping..

I had the same kind of results using a recent svn version that I recompiled.

Anyone has success with deploying web services in production with axis C ?

TIA

Philippe.