axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Haszlakiewicz, Eric" <EHAS...@transunion.com>
Subject special character escaping in adb requests
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:18:55 GMT

I have an app that uses adb to construct messages to send to a web
service.  Everything works fine, unless my data contains characters like
'<', in which case axis fails to escape the characters and generates
invalid xml (I'm using xml messages).

I'm doing things like:

axis2_stub_t *my_service = axis2_stub_create_MyService(env, client_home,
url);
adb_foo_t *myreq = adb_foo_create(env);
adb_foo_set_myfield(myreq, env, "abc<xyz");
adb_fooresp_t *response = axis2_stub_op_MyService_myOp(an_service, env,
myreq);

The adb code was generated from a wsdl (and xsd) that has elements
defined like:
   <xs:element name="foo" type="xs:string"/>
and the command used was:
   axis2.sh org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2C -uri myservice.wsdl -d adb -u
-o generated

Is there some extra step I need to take to make this work right?  Or, is
there some bug that might be fixed in a more recent version?

eric