axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Wiesner <m.wies...@topdesk.com>
Subject Re: Memory Leaks with Debug Build
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:40:12 GMT
Uthaiyashankar wrote:

> Can you create a jira [1] for this? Which sample/policy file caused
> this problem?
> [1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/rampartc
Hello,
thank you for your fast response.

Ok, we did that: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPARTC-131

>     Running the test in debug mode but with Axis2 libraries build in
>     release
>     (either self-build or from the binary release) does not produce
>     the leak
>     though.
>

> AFAIK, visual studio can find the leaks only when debug information is
> available. So even in release version, you might have the leaks, but
> visual studio might not report the error. Did you try to run it in
> loop and see the memory growth?

Yeah, we did that. The memory usage grew constantly very rapid.

Further question: is there any specific documentation, about what has to
be freed when implementing the service client?
We tried to free the policy with 'neethi_policy_free' but that did not
make any difference.

Regards,
Wiesner