axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: does rampart/c depend on algorithms IDEA, MDC2 and RC5 in openSSL
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:21:14 GMT
Vivian,

Rampart/C uses OpenSSL to support algorithms described in [1].

[1]http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702/ws-securitypolicy-1.2-spec-os.html#_Toc161826547

Thanks,
-Manjula.

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 22:26 -0800, Vivian Wang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using axis2/c to build a web service client application, for which I plan to use
rampart/c to provide ws-security support. I understand that rampart/c uses openSSL to do cryptograph
related stuff. My question is, to support WS-security, does rampart/c requires algorithms
IDEA, MDC2 and RC5? My employer requires me drop these algorithms from openSSL (so I need
to build openSSL myself).