axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dktay...@F5.com>
Subject RE: Adding additional authentication mechanism to a axis c client application
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:04:40 GMT
I think Kevin is asking about Negotiate authentication defined in RFC 4559.  This is an HTTP
transport level authentication scheme.

Thanks,
-David

-----Original Message-----
From: Supun Kamburugamuva [mailto:supun06@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 11/7/2008 9:40 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: Adding additional authentication mechanism to a axis c client application

Not familiar with NTLM. Is that a transport level auth mechanism or soap
level auth mechanism? AFAIK kerboros is a SOAP level auth mechanism. To
support kerboros authentication [1] needs to be implemented at the Rampart/C
level.

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16788/wss-v1.1-spec-os-KerberosTokenProfile.pdf

--