axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: [AXIS2/C] Unicode support - when?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 23:25:43 GMT
Hi,

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> writes:

> Stadelmann Josef wrote:
>> And what about UTF-8 and UTF-16 support in Axis2/C a nd base libs.
>>
> Axis2/C is designed to be able to use UTF. But there are issues that
> needs to be fixed, when that is done. As an example, you can try
> setting axis2_char_t type to whatever UTF euivalant instead of char
> that it is set now and try to build.

IMHO, I don't think it would be possible. Because for example, if we
try to set wchar_t for axis2_char_t, it might screw up. AFAIK, there
are bunch of functions for manipulating 'wchar' characters.

I could envision, implementing Unicode support using some third party
library like libiconv [1] otherwise it will be very painful task.

thanks,
Dinesh

1. http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/