axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C with Axis2/Java
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 19:55:41 GMT
"Matthias Dodt" <matzepopatze@gmx.de> writes:
> I studied the client - example on:
> http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/hello/client/hello.c.html
>
> There you need to specify the environment variable:
>    client_home = AXIS2_GETENV("AXIS2C_HOME");
>
>     svc_client = axis2_svc_client_create(env, client_home);
>     if (!svc_client)
>     {
>    ... error handling
>     }
>
>     axis2_svc_client_set_options(svc_client, env, options);
>
>     payload = build_om_request(env);
>
>     ret_node = axis2_svc_client_send_receive(svc_client, env, payload);
>

> for me it looks like any axis2/C Client needs a axis2/c
> installation/path?
Yes, using that path axis2/c engine loads engine configuration which
is available in axis2.xml.

>What i want is: To extend my C++ Programs by a simple DLL or library, to contact a webservice,
defined by a WSDL.
> I don't want to bother my users with an installation of axis2/c -
> they should download only an .exe file, is this possible?
If you can ship axis2/c libraries and configuration files with your
program, you can avoid bothering your users downloading them. I don't
think it is possible to create a single exe file for Axis2/C engine. I
think it is not useful to create a single exe file.

thanks,
Dinesh