axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: What are the configurable ws-security parameters for incoming message
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 06:59:21 GMT
Rampart/C makes use of WS-Policy for configuring how it behaves.

Samisa...

Vivian Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use rampart/c along with axis2/c to support WS-security. Just wonder,
what are the configurable ws-security parameters for incoming message, especially from a web
service client point of view, which means, as a web service client, what can be configured
to decrypt/interpret the response message from the web server.  I've read through the manuals
and also gone through the examples, but still I am afraid I don't have a complete picture
about what can be configured. Is there any detailed document for this?

> I was also looking at soapUI, a free tool for web service testing, which also supports
WS-security. In their manual, they have the following statements:

>    Incoming WSS configurations are used to process incoming messages   (responses, MockRequest
and monitor requests/response) and decrypt/validate their encrypted/signed content. Since
the WS-Security headers of an incoming message contain most of the information required to
decrypt or validate a message, the only configuration needed by soapUI is which keystores
that contain referenced keys and certificates for decryption and signature validation.

> Is this statement also true to rampart/c? I mean, the only configuration one need to
do is which keystores that contain referenced keys and certificates for decryption and signature
validation?

> Thanks much in advance!
>
> Vivian

Samisa Abeysinghe