axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Zednik <zed...@hao.ucar.edu>
Subject Re: Req: help building https SOAP client with Axis2/C
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 18:10:08 GMT

On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:23 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Stephan Zednik wrote:
>> I need to make a call to a web service from a piece of C/C++ code.
>> The sample code I have uses JAX-RPC and the service uses a secure
>> HTTP connection. My target platforms are in order 1) Linux and 2)
>> OS X and any frameworks I use must be open source.
>> From my own research it seems that Axis2/C is the best framework
>> for my needs, with the exception that the latest version (1.5.0)
>> does not have an official OS X release and the Linux sources do not
>> compile on OS X.
>
> If you provide the error information, someone might be able to help
> fix this. Please raise a Jira.

The OS X compile error was previously mentioned in the mailing list so
I did not repeat it.  I will raise a Jira.

>> I am new to working with web services and all sample client code
>> that I have been provided by the web service operator is generated
>> jaxrpc code that I am having a difficult time translating into what
>> I need to do in Axis2/C.
>> I grabbed the WSDL for the service and used Apache Axis2's WSDL2C
>> java utility to generate stub client code for the service, but at
>> this point I am lost. I am not sure what I need to fill out in the
>> client stubs, nor how to use the generated stubs from my existing C
>> code.
>
> You can follow the TODO comments in the generated code, and fill in
> your business logic. I am not sure if we have a doc around this.

There are no TODO comments in the generated code.  I generated client
stubs using the following command:

java WSDL2C -uri https://esg-cet.ucar.edu/ws/AuthorizationService?wsdl
-d none

At first I was unsure where and what logic I would need to add.  After
looking through the generated code and the example client main at http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/hello/client/hello.c.html

  it looks like I need to add methods to generate payloads  and
process the response to requests as well as a method to release my
axis2_stub_t*.

My largest questions at this point are

1) Am I on the correct path?

2) How would I generate the soap payload for the following request?

    <wsdl:message name="authorizeRequest">
       <wsdl:part name="in0" type="soapenc:string"/>
       <wsdl:part name="in1" type="soapenc:string"/>
       <wsdl:part name="in2" type="soapenc:string"/>
    </wsdl:message>

I've been looking through the axiom .h files but am currently a bit
confused.

thanks,
--Stephan