axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Zednik <zed...@hao.ucar.edu>
Subject Req: help building https SOAP client with Axis2/C
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:41:22 GMT
I need to make a call to a web service from a piece of C/C++ code.
The sample code I have uses JAX-RPC and the service uses a secure HTTP
connection.  My target platforms are in order 1) Linux and 2) OS X and
any frameworks I use must be open source.

 From my own research it seems that Axis2/C is the best framework for
my needs, with the exception that the latest version (1.5.0) does not
have an official OS X release and the Linux sources do not compile on
OS X.

I am new to working with web services and all sample client code that
I have been provided by the web service operator is generated jaxrpc
code that I am having a difficult time translating into what I need to
do in Axis2/C.

I grabbed the WSDL for the service and used Apache Axis2's WSDL2C java
utility to generate stub client code for the service, but at this
point I am lost.  I am not sure what I need to fill out in the client
stubs, nor how to use the generated stubs from my existing C code.

The web-service calls are a straightforward authorization request with
the WSDL

https://esg-cet.ucar.edu/ws/AuthorizationService?wsdl

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Stephan <zednik@ucar.edu>

PS - Any ideas on when Axis2/C will support OS X?