axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <raywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: axis2/c depending on openSSL
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 06:06:50 GMT
Hi Supun,

That means that I have to compile the axis2/c twice, one enabling SSL and another disabling
it, and put two sets of axis2/c dlls in my application, that seems to me  is
a bit awkward. Why can't we do dynamic loading openSSL dlls?

Thanks much!

--- On Wed, 9/10/08, Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Supun Kamburugamuva <supun06@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: axis2/c depending on openSSL
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>, raywang999@yahoo..com
Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2008, 5:56 AM

How about the solution of having two senders and two axis2.xml files that I have mentioned
above. It should work. Only problem is you need to specify the right client home for the ssl
and non-ssl clients.

Supun..

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Raymond Zhou <raywang999@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I am still searching solutions for this issue.

Has anyone tried to dynamically load the openSSL dlls at runtime? I looked at the
part of code in axis2/c handling SSL, it basically calls a bunch of openSSL APIs
whose name start with SSL_, can we modify that part of code so that we use
LoadLibrary and get function pointer to the SSL_* functions that we use? This way
we don't have to have openSSL dlls in the class path for regular web services and
we only need them if we need SSL communication.

Thanks!
Frank