axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: does axis2_svc_client_send_receive method free the payload?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 03:31:27 GMT

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 18:52 -0700, Tammy Martin wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am creating a xml payload via AXIOM and am using the method
> axis2_svc_client_send_receive to access a webservice.
>
> axiom_node_t* retNode = axis2_svc_client_send_receive(svcClient, env,
> payload);
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Does the axis2_svc_client_send_receive have ownership of the
> payload ptr and does it free it -OR- is it up to the user of this
> method to free the payload?

This payload will be attached to the om_tree inside Axis2/C and it will
take the ownership. User don't need to free it.

> 2. Is there documentation somewhere that outlines what methods have
> ownership of which pointers?
There are no such documents but you can have a look at the sample code
inside samples directory. And [1] and [2] may also be helpful.

[1] http://wso2.org/library/3412

[2] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/om_tutorial.html

-Manjula