axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Supun Kamburugamuva" <supu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AXIS2 and AXIOM
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:31:24 GMT
Axiom node is used for building the tree structure of a xml document in to a
programming model. Obviously a XML tree consists of different entities like
elements, text, comments etc. All these things are embedded in to the tree
structure which consists of nodes. This implies that nodes carry different
information. For example a node can carry an element or text. That is why we
check the node type to figure out what is the contetnt of the node.
axiom_node_t is a structure. Also axiom_element_t and axiom_text_t are
structures.

So in other words the axiom tree consists of axiom_node_t structures. These
nodes tree structure may contains pointers to other structures like
axiom_element_t or axiom_text_t. The actual data of the xml is encapsulated
in the structures like axiom_element_t. The structure of the xml is captured
in the axiom_node_t tree.

Supun..