axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sutter <Michael.Sut...@ipe.fzk.de>
Subject Max call of service
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:18:52 GMT
Hello list,

I have a problem with a Axis2 service and need some input if my service
is developed the right
way. Inside my service I make a call to a external library. So I make a
variable of the object and
put it on the stack. So normally the instance should be destroyed when
the scope is lost. I think
this is done when the execution of the service is finished and the
output is given back to the client.
Am I right?

By doing this I had a strange problem. The mentioned service is called
every 10 sec to give a state
to the client. First I was running the service in Axis2 version 1.4 and
get about every two hours an
AxisFault: Too many open files. So I think that the destructor of my
variable was not called and that
I have memory leaks. After that I integrated a log message in the
destructor to see, if it is called.
Normally my service is running inside an Apache installation and I never
saw the output of the log
message.

Nevertheless if I run the service in axis simple server I see the log
output and so I think the implementation
of my service is correct. When running the service inside the axis
simple server I also get AxisFault,
but after about 12 - 14 hours runtime. After searching the mailing list
I found, that there is a memory
leak in the mod_axis apache modul. So I compiled Axis2 from SVN and the
service is running for about
17 hours without any problem.

So to my question: Have I done something wrong in the implementation of
my service by putting the instance
on the stack and not explicitly calling the destructor or could it be
that the SVN version fixes the problem?
Nevertheless, why I'm getting the message by running the service inside
the axis simple server, where I
see that the destructor is called?

Kind regards
Michael