axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <raywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: SSL support using other packages other than openSSL ?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:43:07 GMT
Hi Samisa,

Thanks for your reply. In that case, which module or files are implementing ssl related stuff?
Is that all under src\core\transport\http\sender\ssl for a client (sender)? Is there any document
for this?

Thanks much!
Ray

--- On Wed, 8/13/08, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com> wrote:

From: Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com>
Subject: Re: SSL support using other packages other than openSSL ?
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 4:38 AM

Raymond Zhou wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I understand that AXIS2/c depends on openSSL to support SSL
> communication. I was wondering if it is possible, or if any other
> people have tried, to use other packages other than openSSL to do so.
> My company has licensed another product for support security-related
> features and this product support SSL, so we would prefer using this
> product instead of openSSL to aviod potential IP issues (We need to
> redistribute the product).

Well, I think you can replace the current openSSL related
implementations with whatever the library you wish to use.

There is no abstraction layer as such for SSL related implementation,
but with some effort, you would be able to separate this out for your
custom implementation.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--