axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Why Axis2C ?
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 07:31:01 GMT
Hi Friends,

            Can any of you answer

            1. Why should we use Axis2C when we have other tools like gSoap?

The choice is yours. And the choice should be based on your
requirements. You should look for the technical factor as well as other
factors such as license.

            2. What are the differentiating factors between Axis2C and
gSoap?

Architecture, design, implementation and the number of specs supported.

            3. Isn't Axis2C heavier compared to gSoap, with its Axiom
architectire? If no, why? If yes, what other advantages of Axiom is
making us use it with Axis2C? [In terms of memory usage, efficiency,
speed, etc.]

There has been no formal evaluation on performance or memory footprint
AFAIK. We believe AXIOM to be one of the key factors driving Axis2/C's
performance. In addition to that, the number of specs supported too are
empowered by the architecture that bulds on AXIOM.

Thanks,
Samisa...

           Eagerly waiting for your reply.

vamsi krishna wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
>             Can any of you answer
>
>             1. Why should we use Axis2C when we have other tools like
> gSoap?
>
>             2. What are the differentiating factors between Axis2C and
> gSoap?
>
>             3. Isn't Axis2C heavier compared to gSoap, with its Axiom
> architectire? If no, why? If yes, what other advantages of Axiom is
> making us use it with Axis2C? [In terms of memory usage, efficiency,
> speed, etc.]
>

>            Eagerly waiting for your reply.
>

> Vamsi, IIIT-Hyd.

Samisa Abeysinghe