axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Uthaiyashankar <shan...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: rampart libs being copied incorrectly
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 04:02:38 GMT
Hi Subra,

see my comments

Subra A Narayanan wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I downloaded axis2c 1.4 and rampart 1.2 and built them. when I did an
> ls -l of the axis2/c lib folder, i saw this
>
> bash-3.00$ ls -l axis2c/lib/libmod_rampart.*
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 subra user    1551 Jun  4 18:34
> /nfs/home/subra/axis2c/lib/libmod_rampart.la <http://libmod_rampart.la>
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 subra user 6485794 Jun  4 18:34
> /nfs/home/subra/axis2c/lib/libmod_rampart.so
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 subra user 6485794 Jun  4 18:34
> /nfs/home/subra/axis2c/lib/libmod_rampart.so.0
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 subra user 6485794 Jun  4 18:34
> /nfs/home/subra/axis2c/lib/libmod_rampart.so.0.0.0
>
> as you can see the symbolic links are missing here.
> 'libmod_rampart.so' and 'libmod_rampart.so.0' are not linked to
> 'libmod_rampart.so.0.0.0'

This is a bug. Can you raise a jira? We should have symbolic links in
lib folder...

> but in the axis2c/modules/rampart folder, they are linked correctly.
> My question is:
>
> 1. why are these libraries even present in the axis2c/lib folder. as
> far as i remember, this was not happening in earlier versions of rampart.

Say if you are writing a service or client which uses Rampart's
functionality. Then you need to link to mod_rampart.so. Either you can
include $AXIS2C_HOME/modules/rampart in your lib path, but we figured
most of the users are making the mistake of not adding this to the lib
path. Because of this, we decided to install it in lib as well. But the
files installed to lib should be symbolic links.

> 2. will they cause any problem/conflict?

No, it will not. Since both libraries are same, you will not get any
conflict. When you are replacing mod_rampart.so manually, you have to
replace it in both places.

Regards,
Shankar.