axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Next Release of axis2c
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:16:52 GMT

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 15:44 +0530, Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi Naveen,
>
> "naveen bhat" <naveenbhat04@googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello group,
> >
> > I wanted to know few things.
> >

> >  1. When is the next release date of axis2c??
>
> AFAIK, we didn't think about next Axis2/C release yet. However since
> the bug we found recently, new improvements to the code (MTOM caching
> and guththila improvements) suggest me that there should be a one in
> near future.
> >  2. Whether MTOM with caching be available in the next release??.
> I'm not sure :)

MTOM caching implementation for receiving side is almost complete. We
are doing some further testing and since caching callback thing is a
user defined mechanism we need to provide an extensible API. Because
Axis2/C is being used by many other Web services frameworks like WSO2
WSF/PHP, WSF/RUBY. The improvements to MTOM at receiving side will most
probably be there for the next release. For the sending side I need to
look at what exactly required.

-Manjula.