axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2C - Clarification needed
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 07:37:14 GMT
Answering some of the question that I m bit familiar with,

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM, vamsi krishna <vamsibtech@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I started to use Axis2C tool recently. I need the following
> clarifications regarding the same:
>     1. How are Axiom, Stax and LibXML2 related in Axis2C?
>     2. Given a structure for Serialization, what is the flow of
> serialization in terms of Axiom, Stax and LibXML2?
>     3. Where exactly is the pull parsing machanism implemented in the code?
>     4. How does Axis2C supports REST? When I tried to see the backtrace (on
> GDB) of a soap request sample [of Calculator sample] and the rest request
> sample [echo_rest sample], I got exactly same dump for both the flows.
> Please help me understand the implementation for REST support.
>
>     5. what is the purpose of the auxutil_env_t structure? this structure is
> passed in all the functions of axis2c.

env structure keeps information on logging, memory management and
threading aspects. The idea is you can plug any logging or memory
management implementations to axis2 using axis2_env_t structure. This
has been used in embedding effort of axis2 to php, ruby and other
languages.

>     6. What is the purpose of axis2_stub_t structure?

It keeps user option and the service client structure which keep
information on invoking the service. Normally to customize the service
call (i.e. to enable mtom, addressing, etc..), you take out the option
structure using axis2_stub_get_options and set the values to the
axis2_options structure

>     7. Given a WSDL, once we convert them to respective .h and .c files
> using the WSDL2C.sh script, how do we go about developing the client side
> code? do we have any specific way to write the client side code?

There are samples about using generated code in the samples/codegen
directory (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/codegen)

>     8. I have read some article which says Every component of Axis2C is
> pluggable [Transport, XML, Parser, Memory machanisms, etc]. but, no where
> did i found the procedure to do this. Please help me out in understanding
> the pluggability and how can i play with the tool to add my own pluggable
> components.
>     9. Please suggest me any book/online links/any reference material to be
> able to understand the Axis2C tool better and start consuming the
> webservices. Even after going through the complete set of links on the
> official website of Axis2C, I am unable to explain the concepts to my peers
> and am unable to write a piece of code to consume the webservices available
> on internet.

You may find some resources here, http://wso2.org/taxonomy/term/254

Thanks
Dimuthu