axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C doc/lit wrapper vs. non-wrapper style
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 04:31:07 GMT
Hi Nadir,

If I start with answering your questions straight away,

1. In Axis2/Java (with Axis2/Java codegen tool) you can use wrapped or
unwrapped mode ( -uw option) for any wsdl regardless whether it is a
(just doc-lit, doc-lit bare or doc-lit wrapped wsdl.) But unlike
Axis2/Java, Axis2/C still doesn't do any special for the unwrapped
option (I think this can be fixed easily with a little hack).

For an example say you have a simpleAdd schema element

            <xs:element name="simpleAdd">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="param0"
nillable="true" type="xs:int"/>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="param1"
nillable="true" type="xs:int"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>

for wrapped mode the api is like this ( support both Axis2/C and Axis2/ Java)

simpleAdd( param: simpleAdd); // you have to set param0, param1 within
the simpleAdd adb Class

for unwrapped mode (support only in Axis2/Java)

simpleAdd(param0: int, param1: int);

2. I too agree with what you mentioned, it is just the client api
should be different in doc -lit and doc-list wrapped mode. But the
codegen tool doesn't care what is the mode of the actual wsdl, it just
care about the user option -uw to generate a different (rpc-like) API.

Thanks
Dimuthu