axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Navin Bhat" <navin.b...@toshiba-tesi.com>
Subject RE: Need information on MTOMChunkBufferSize and MTOMMaxChunkBuffers parameters
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 09:51:27 GMT

Thank you for the information regarding these parameters.

I am seeing a problem with the service I have written where in I receive
an MTOM attachment from client and the service sends back the same
attachment.

Problem description:
	As per my observation apache_http_server uses around 5.5MB of
memory in idle state(When it is not serving any request).When I invoke
the service to send an attachment of size around 145MB. The memory usage
of apache_http_server went up and as I observed it went up to 601.1MB
and my computer slowed down significantly.I am unable to figure this
out.I have worked with other frameworks like
axis2/java,gSOAP,Glassfish.I never came across such problem even when I
transferred 1GB files across.I have specified my computer configuration
below.I have attached axis2.xml file used while running server. I am
using default values MTOMChunkBufferSize is 1 and MTOMMaxChunkBuffers is
1000 please refer attached axis2.xml.Kindly let me know as to where I
have gone wrong.

Computer Specs:
		CentOS 4.4 on VMWare(host Windows xp)
		1GB RAM