axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dinesh Premalal <xydin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: valgrind and memory leaks
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 17:47:03 GMT
Hi Frederic,

Frederic Heem <frederic.heem@telsey.it> writes:

> Hi folks,
> Valgrind 3.3 is being mainly used to track memory leak, unfortunately,
> it doesn't catch memory allocated by the macro AXIS2_MALLOC, probably
> due to the fact that it uses a function pointer. Modifying the three
> macro as follows solves this problem and memory leaks can be finally
> detected during development.

If we remove the function pointers as you suggest, it eliminates our
design goal with function pointers. We used those function pointers in
order to use other memory handling mechanisms other than malloc. As an
example we use apr_pools underneath in mod_axis2 memory
handling. Other thing is malloc may not be portable across different
platforms.

Therefore I don't think it is a good idea to remove those function
pointers.

thanks,
Dinesh
--