axis-c-user mailing list archives

From vamsi krishna <vamsibt...@yahoo.com>
Subject Please Help me in Understanding REST implementation in AXIS2/C
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 12:34:15 GMT
  Hi All,
          I read Axis2c handles the REST request aswell by just chaning the config file axis.xml
or through the function axis2_options_set_enable_rest(...).

          1. Does this tool handles the REST requests?
          2. How to test the REST handling?
          3. How to compare the SOAP code flow and REST code flow?

  I tried to figure out the difference in following ways:
          A. When I tried to see the backtrace (on GDB) of a soap request sample [of Calculator
sample] and the rest request sample [echo_rest sample], I got exactly same dump for both
the flows.
          B. When i tried to print out the request message constructed in echo_rest.c it printed
me:
  <ns1:echoString xmlns:ns1="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/services/echo"><text>Hello
World!</text></ns1:echoString>

              Now I commented the axis2_options_set_enable_rest(...) statement and tried to
print the same request message constructed and got the following message printed:
  <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"><soapenv:Header/><soapenv:Body><ns1:echoString
xmlns:ns1="http://ws.apache.org/axis2/services/echo"><text>Hello World!</text></ns1:echoString></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>
              Is this what the difference is? Is this the REST request which got printed?

  FYI: I am using the Axis2/C 1.3.0 version.

              Eagerly waiting for your response.

  Thanks & Regards,
  Vamsi Krishna M

Vamsi, IIIT-Hyd.