axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Soap request to Microsoft .NET web services
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 18:24:25 GMT
Fan, Jan-fon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a simple “hello world” web services by using Microsoft .NET.
> User specifies the first name and last name, this service just returns
> “Hello World first_name last_name” to the user.
>
> The soap request defined for this web services is:
>
> <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>
> <soap:Body>
>
> <HelloWorld xmlns="http://scxpd9984.amr.corp.intel.com/webservices/">
>
> <first_name>string</first_name>
>
> <last_name>string</last_name>
>
> </HelloWorld>
>
> </soap:Body>
>
> </soap:Envelope>
>
> I use Axis2C client API trying to consume this web services, but the
> service just returns me “Hello World”, the name part is missing.
>
> I use a sniffer program to check what is the request that I send to
> server and find out it is:
>
> <soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>
> <soapenv:Header></soapenv:Header>
>
> <soapenv:Body>
>
> <HelloWorld>
>
> <first_name>Jan-fon</first_name>
>
> <last_name>Fan</last_name>
>
> </HelloWorld>
>
> </soapenv:Body>
>
> </soapenv:Envelope>
>
> I am wonder if this problem is caused by the name space <HelloWorld>,
> it does not contain
> xmlns=http://scxpd9984.amr.corp.intel.com/webservices/.
>
> Another thing is that the starting tag, they are different: soap vs
> soapenv.

I think the problem is the nsamesapce, and not soapenv prefix. Are you
using OM to build the requrst with Axis2/C client? if Yes, you can
easily add the namespace to the HelloWorld node.

example:

axiom_node_t *echo_om_node = NULL;
axiom_element_t *echo_om_ele = NULL;
axiom_namespace_t *ns1 = NULL;

ns1 =
axiom_namespace_create(env,
"http://scxpd9984.amr.corp.intel.com/webservices/",
"ns1");
echo_om_ele =
axiom_element_create(env, NULL, "HelloWorld", ns1, &echo_om_node);

Thanks,
Samisa...

> Can someone help me please.
>
> Thanks,