axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2/C Performance Article
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 17:31:26 GMT
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> I think I have found the reason behind Guththila's low performance on
> large data sets. Guththila's token cache gets too big in large
> requests. A simple release statement was missing in the code and that
> causes the cache to get too big. I need to investigate further on this
> and want to run the performance tests again.

It is good news that you have figured the reason for large data set
problem. I think it is critical that we uplift performance for large
data sets as well. Could you please point me to the source file location
where you found the problem so that I too could have a look.

On another related note, I am really keen on seeing how vtd-xml would
perform. I wish I had more time to write a parser wrapper with vtd-xml :)
And another thing is to try with some async transport and see how it
works out for us. This is based on the fact that the secret of Synapse
performance is based on NIO based Axis2 transport. However, I am not
sure how this would turn out for us.
And of course, FCGI module with httpd would be an exciting option as well.

Thanks,
Samisa...