axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: service life-cycle / resources
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:23:28 GMT
Paulo Vicentini wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the approach in order to keep in memory data information
> between service requests?

You can use service context. Please gave a look into the sg_math sample.
There are other ways of doing this as well, like the use of shared
memory. Shankar, can you comment please?

> Be my service: myservice.so deployed in axis2/c.
>
> What about its life-cycle after deploying it?

It lives, till you shutdown the server.

> If I allocate resources (pointers, files descriptors, mapped
> files,etc) during my service invocation and I don't free explicitly
>  those resources , will they remain available between requests?

They will not be available. And if you are using simple axis server,
this would lead to memory leaks.
> Do all requests over my service remain to the same process address space?

If you are using simple axis server, yes. But if you are using httpd,
may be yea, may be not, based on the MPM in use.

Samisa...

> Thanks
> Paulo

Samisa Abeysinghe