axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject RE: Need information on MTOMChunkBufferSize and MTOMMaxChunkBuffers parameters
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 17:38:54 GMT
Hi Navin,

If you are running both client and server on the same machine and both
send and receive the same 145.1MB attachment then your system memory
usage can be grown up to at least 145.1 * 4 = 580.1 MB of memory at
least. So your apache https server memory usage will require 145.1 * 2 =
290.2 MB of memory at least for processing the attachment. So an
apr_pool which is much greater than 290.1MB should be allocated for
processing this request. Remember Apache frees the memory after the
request. So it starts swapping and that makes your system to become
slow. The client fails because it timeouts. If you increase the time out
using the following function in your client you will definitely see
better results.

axis2_options_set_timeout_in_milli_seconds(
        axis2_options_t * options,
        const axutil_env_t * env,
        const long timeout_in_milli_seconds);

Actually I have tested a 160MB attachment where both server and client
sends and receives the same by increasing the time out and it succeed. I
also tested the case where client only sends the 160MB attachment and
server does not send any attachment and it succeed with out increasing
the default time out.

Actually we are in the process of developing caching large attachment
model for MTOM.

Thanks,
Manjula.