axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Manjula Peiris <manj...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2C - Clarification needed
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 10:37:39 GMT

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 13:07 +0530, Dimuthu Gamage wrote:
> Answering some of the question that I m bit familiar with,
>
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM, vamsi krishna <vamsibtech@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >     I started to use Axis2C tool recently. I need the following
> > clarifications regarding the same:
> >     1. How are Axiom, Stax and LibXML2 related in Axis2C?

Axiom is the XML model used in Axis2/C. That means any piece of valid
XML document is represented as an Axiom object inside Axis2/C engine.
Axis2/C can be used with two parsers. The default Guththila XML parser
or libxml2 parser. Guththila is a stax parser.

> >     2. Given a structure for Serialization, what is the flow of
> > serialization in terms of Axiom, Stax and LibXML2?
> >     3. Where exactly is the pull parsing machanism implemented in the code?
> >     4. How does Axis2C supports REST? When I tried to see the backtrace (on
> > GDB) of a soap request sample [of Calculator sample] and the rest request
> > sample [echo_rest sample], I got exactly same dump for both the flows.
> > Please help me understand the implementation for REST support.

Axis2/C 1.3 and 1.4 have REST like REST support. Please see the
echo_rest sample of those releases.

> >     5. what is the purpose of the auxutil_env_t structure? this structure is
> > passed in all the functions of axis2c.
>
> env structure keeps information on logging, memory management and
> threading aspects. The idea is you can plug any logging or memory
> management implementations to axis2 using axis2_env_t structure. This
> has been used in embedding effort of axis2 to php, ruby and other
> languages.
>
> >     6. What is the purpose of axis2_stub_t structure?
>
> It keeps user option and the service client structure which keep
> information on invoking the service. Normally to customize the service
> call (i.e. to enable mtom, addressing, etc..), you take out the option
> structure using axis2_stub_get_options and set the values to the
> axis2_options structure
>
> >     7. Given a WSDL, once we convert them to respective .h and .c files
> > using the WSDL2C.sh script, how do we go about developing the client side
> > code? do we have any specific way to write the client side code?
>
> There are samples about using generated code in the samples/codegen
> directory (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/samples/codegen)
>
> >     8. I have read some article which says Every component of Axis2C is
> > pluggable [Transport, XML, Parser, Memory machanisms, etc]. but, no where
> > did i found the procedure to do this. Please help me out in understanding
> > the pluggability and how can i play with the tool to add my own pluggable
> > components.
Following is an article on plugging your own memory mechanism.
http://wso2.org/library/3412

You need to implement that Transport and plug in to Axis2/C. Axis2/C
currently support HTTP, TCP and XMPP transports. Please have a look at
Axis2/C TCP transport implementation.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/src/core/transport/tcp

In order to plug your Parser you need to implement the parser wrapper
layer . Following is an example.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/trunk/c/axiom/src/parser/libxml2

> >     9. Please suggest me any book/online links/any reference material to be
> > able to understand the Axis2C tool better and start consuming the
> > webservices. Even after going through the complete set of links on the
> > official website of Axis2C, I am unable to explain the concepts to my peers
> > and am unable to write a piece of code to consume the webservices available
> > on internet.
>
> You may find some resources here, http://wso2.org/taxonomy/term/254

The Axis2/C manual is here,
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html