axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Steven Zhang <szh...@altigen.com>
Subject Re: Soap request to Microsoft .NET web services
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 18:28:40 GMT
1. The namespace of HelloWorld must match, otherwise the service can't locate the method.
2. The "soap" and "soapenv" is not an issue when their namespace are the same.
3. I wander you can get result. I always receive failure because SoapAction is not specified
in the HTTP header. I have to fix it in Axis.

You might use Ethereal to get the TCP data by IE and your client, compare them to find what's
different.

Steven

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Fan, Jan-fon
  To: Apache AXIS C User List ; Apache AXIS C Developers List
  Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:13 AM
  Subject: Soap request to Microsoft .NET web services

  Hi,

  I created a simple “hello world” web services by using Microsoft .NET. User specifies
the first name and last name, this service just returns “Hello World first_name last_name”
to the user.

  The soap request defined for this web services is:

  <soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"

    <soap:Body>

      <HelloWorld xmlns="http://scxpd9984.amr.corp.intel.com/webservices/">

        <first_name>string</first_name>

        <last_name>string</last_name>

      </HelloWorld>

    </soap:Body>

  </soap:Envelope>

  I use Axis2C client API trying to consume this web services, but the service just returns
me “Hello World”, the name part is missing.

  I use a sniffer program to check what is the request that I send to server and find out
it is:

    <soapenv:Header></soapenv:Header>

      <soapenv:Body>

      <HelloWorld>

        <first_name>Jan-fon</first_name>

        <last_name>Fan</last_name>

      </HelloWorld>

    </soapenv:Body>

  </soapenv:Envelope>

  I am wonder if this problem is caused by the name space <HelloWorld>, it does not
contain xmlns=http://scxpd9984.amr.corp.intel.com/webservices/.

  Another thing is that the starting tag, they are different: soap vs soapenv.

  Can someone help me please.

  Thanks,

  Jan-fon