axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Zhang" <szh...@altigen.com>
Subject Re: How to support HTTPS
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 23:48:22 GMT
Re: How to support HTTPSHi Dumindu:
I have downloaded the server_cert as you suggested. I wrote the data in a file, and set the
file name in SERVER_CERT parameter, and leave KEY_FILE and SSL_PASSPHRASE empty because the
server does not clients authenticated. However I still get error. I find following problems:
1. In util\src\url.c, within axutil_url_parse_string(), the server protocol is compared with
"http", "ftp" and "smtp". Since there is no "https", the port is -1, which cause the server
cannot be connected. I have to change the port to 80 manually.
2. Even with the socket opened, call for SSL_connect() will be blocked forever, which is called
in transport\http\sender\ssl\ssl_utils.c.

How you think about it?

Thanks.
Steven

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dumindu Pallewela
  To: Apache AXIS C User List
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: How to support HTTPS

  On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Steven Zhang <szhang@altigen.com> wrote:

  > Hi:
  > How to let Axis2c client support HTTPS?

  There are two ways. You can either provide the parameters in axis2.xml
  or you can add the relavent properties to the service client. In
  either case you should un-comment the https transport receiver and
  https transport sender sections in the axis2.xml

  You have to provide the CA certificate that was used to sign the
  server's certificate for the SERVER_CERT parameter. Alternatively if
  you talk only to a single server you can obtain it's certificate and
  provide it for the SERVER_CERT parameter.

  Please refer to the relevant section of axis2 manual [1] for further details.

  HTH,
  Dumindu.

  [1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#ssl_client

  --