axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Zhang" <szh...@altigen.com>
Subject Re: How to support HTTPS
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 23:53:34 GMT
Re: How to support HTTPSHi Dumindu:
Thank you so much for your comments. I have done following:
    1. un-commented the HTTPS transport receiver/sender sections in axis2.xml;
    2. installed OpenSSL;
    3. recompiled Axis2c DLLs with openssl option enabled;

Now I'm blocked in getting the certificate. The server address is "http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#ssl_client",
I tried to use following command to retrieve the certificate:
        OpenSSL s_client -connect https://icenter.summitsite.com/webservice/finext.asmx:80
However always got "getservbyname failure". What can I do then?

Thanks.
Steven

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dumindu Pallewela
  To: Apache AXIS C User List
  Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: How to support HTTPS

  On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Steven Zhang <szhang@altigen.com> wrote:

  > Hi:
  > How to let Axis2c client support HTTPS?

  There are two ways. You can either provide the parameters in axis2.xml
  or you can add the relavent properties to the service client. In
  either case you should un-comment the https transport receiver and
  https transport sender sections in the axis2.xml

  You have to provide the CA certificate that was used to sign the
  server's certificate for the SERVER_CERT parameter. Alternatively if
  you talk only to a single server you can obtain it's certificate and
  provide it for the SERVER_CERT parameter.

  Please refer to the relevant section of axis2 manual [1] for further details.

  HTH,
  Dumindu.

  [1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/axis2c_manual.html#ssl_client

  --