axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE : abstract base type support
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:07:24 GMT
Hi Carl,

Your idea of putting all the logic inside the basetype is logical, but
unfortunately java generated intermediate XML file (which is feed to
xsl to generate code) doesn't have much information supportting that.
That is in the base type we don't have information of the sub types.
Only the sub type have information on the base type parameters and
base type name.

I went through how WSDL2Java solve this issue. In serializing they
doesn't have any issue. since there they already have the adb object,
they just call adb_object.serialize() and the correct method is
called.

But in parsing (deserializing) , they compare all the type information
and return the correct adb class object using logic inside
ExtensionMapper.java.

                  if (

"https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11".equals(namespaceURI) &&
                  "CommerceAd".equals(typeName)){

                            return
com.google.adwords.api.adwords.v11.CommerceAd.Factory.parse(reader);

                  }

We currently doesn't generate an ExtensionMapper, infact it should be
able to generate from CADBBeanSourceTemplate.
Our ExtensionMapper would be look like this,

void *adb_get_serialize_parameters_func(typename) {
   if(typename == "https://adwords.google.com/api/adwords/v11|CommerceAd") {
             return adb_CommerAd_serialize_parameters; //the function pointers..
   }
   else {
              return NULL;
    }
}

// same way with deserialize functions

So unless we change the WSDL2Java code-generation engine we should
satisfy with this. And we can put a char* for the first parameter of
the structure in a way when we cast adb object to (char*) it returns
the type information.

And I believe it is ok to live with void* if we are doing validations
at right times and may be some good doc comments in the function
declaration?. Besides we have to use this approach only for adb
classes related to complex types.

Anyway if you are ready to change the code generation engine, we may
be able to come with more c-friendly design like the one you
suggested.

Thanks
Dimuthu