axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sample apps and SSL (and Apache) accidently working
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:28:03 GMT
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:34 PM, Floyd Brown <fbrown@terahop.com> wrote:
> I have Axis2-C 1.3.0 built with SSL and have installed the mod-axis2 for
>  Apache. The non-SSL setup works great with the supplied samples (echo,
>  math...), but when I try to enable the client for SSL, things break down
>  rapidly although I can see https://localhost/axis2/services (all
>  services are listed).
>
>  Using Wireshark, I first realized that no data was leaving the client.
>  In the clients log file, I see the error:
>
>  [error] math_client.c(147) Stub invoke FAILED: Error code: 2 :: NULL
>  parameter was passed when a non NULL parameter was expected
>

>  I made the changes to the axis2.xml to enable the "transportSender" as
>  recommended in section "13.1.2 Configuration"
>
>  <transportSender name="https" class="axis2_http_sender">
>         <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
>  </transportSender>
>

>  and added the parameter "SERVER_CERT" as well. I also generated the cert
>  by using the "openssl s_client ..." example.
>

>  Now I accidentally changed transportReceiver to https, and things
>  mysteriously started working.

Hi Floyd,

AFAIK this was intentionally done in a recent change. Although it was
not documented, in the default axis2.xml you will have commented out
configuration for both transmitter and receiver for https, just to
give an idea that you should uncomment both of them to work. But as
you suggest it is not enough. This should be documented before the
release of 1.3.1.

Thanks
Dimuthu