axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Dimuthu Gamage" <dimut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to determine endpoint uri from WSDL
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:55:59 GMT
Hi Balazs,
There is no standard way to determine API endpoint from the WSDL uri.
But most of web service platforms follow the convention that if your
API uri is
"http://xxx.myhost.com/myservice

then mostly wsdl can be retrieved from
"http://xxx.myhost.com/myservice?wsdl". Note the postfix "?wsdl".

Anyway if you have the WSDL best way to retrieve the endpoint is
process the xml document in the WSDL and extract the
service/port/address element at the end of the WSDL ( this is for wsdl
v 1.1)

<wsdl:definitions>
    <wsdl:service name="Adder">
        <wsdl:port name="AdderSOAP11port_http" binding="ns0:AdderSOAP11Binding">
            <soap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Adder"/>
        </wsdl:port>
    </wsdl:service>