axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Zhou <raywang...@yahoo.com>
Subject re-distribute openSSL dlls with AXIS2/c and patent issue
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 05:24:47 GMT
Hi All,

  I am using AXIS2/c to develop a web service client component in a commercial application.
The web service requires SSL support. It is my understanding that AXIS2/c can be built with
openSSL to have SSL support. I have two questions:

  (1) In the distribution of my commercial application, it seems I only need to include two
openSSL related dll files with the AXIS/2c dlls to enable AXIS/2 with SSL support capability.
These two dlls are: libeay32.dll and libssl32.dll. Is this correct?

  (2) Is openSSL an open-source software? I have read some articules stating that it envolves
some kind os patents, is this true? Am I free to re-distribute the two DLLs (I can download
them from some web sites.

  I've searched the archives and axis2/c manuals, it doesn't seem to be clear about this.
  Thanks much in advance.

  Ray