axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Axis2c - Fire wall issue !!
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:22:02 GMT
Rahil Ali wrote:
> Hi Samisa
> I wrote an sample web-service on my windows machine and try accessing
> it on my mozilla frm my linux, it displayed proper wsdl data..
> Is there any chance like there is some problem in the network security
> which is not allowing me to access web-service hosted..... I can
> access the same web-service through windows(Webservice studio20) and
> Linux (tcpMon)... Strange thing is mozilla is not showing the wsdl....
>
> Sorry I didnt get what do you meant by "UserAgent"...

I am guessing here, but it could be related to User-Agent header. It is
an HTTP header sent by the clients, including Web browsers.  See section
14.43 of http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html

Also compare the content header sent by different clients.

On Mozilla not allowing the WSDL, try to view source on the page, and
see if the content is there.

Samisa...

> Thanks & Regards,
> Rahil Ali
>
> */Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com>/* wrote:
>
>     Rahil Ali wrote:
>     > Hello All,
>     >
>     > I am facing a wierd problem; when i try to access a web-service
>     > through my client code it fails at function:
>     > "axis2_svc_client_send_receive_with_op_qname" and returns NULL. I
>     > tried passing xml request manually through tcpMon and got response
>     > from Web-service. I have couple of strange observations
>     > - When I try to access the url with "?wsdl" in Mozilla on my
>     linux ES4
>     > machine it also fails and shows nothing.
>     > - When try using GSOAP (wsdl2h) it gets the WSDL without any errors.
>
>     May be it is the "UserAgent" header in the request.
>
>     Samisa...

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.