axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <sam...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak in mod_axis2?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 17:14:45 GMT

Milinda Pathirage wrote:
> Hi Alex and Samisa,
>
> This bug was caused by recent change of default parser. In the
> om_stax_builder.c, we previously check whether guththila is enabled
> and free the comment vlaue when we encounter a comment. Now guththila
> is default we don have AXIS2_GUTHTHILA_ENABLED defined at the compile
> time.

hmm, Good point. The whole trouble is because of a design flow, how come
a parser specific thing came to a parser independent logic? :)

As an immediat efix, we can define AXIS2_GUTHTHILA_ENABLED in some
Guththila header. However that is a hack, and not a neat fix. In the
long run, we need to find why we have to treat comments form different
parsers differently and fix that issue.

Please raise a Jira on this.

Thanks,
Samisa...

> #ifdef AXIS2_GUTHTHILA_ENABLED*/
>
>     AXIS2_FREE(env->allocator,comment_value);
>
> #else
>
>     axiom_xml_reader_xml_free(om_builder->parser,env,comment_value);
>
> #endif
>
> I changed the above lines to following
>
> /*#ifdef AXIS2_GUTHTHILA_ENABLED*/
>
>     AXIS2_FREE(env->allocator,comment_value);
>
> /*#else*/
> #ifdef AXIS2_LIBXML_ENABLED
>     axiom_xml_reader_xml_free(om_builder->parser,env,comment_value);
>
> #endif
>
> and now definitely lost: 690 bytes in 46 blocks.
>
> I have attached the valgrind log. I don't know the correct way to
> handle LIBXML enabling. Please can some one change the
> 'axiom_stax_builder_create_om_comment' function in om_stax_builder.c
> file to reflect recent changes in default parser.
>
> Thanks
> Milinda
>

> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa@wso2.com
> <mailto:samisa@wso2.com>> wrote:
>
>     Alex,
>       In the mean time, try with libxml2 paarser.
>     Samisa...
>

>     Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>
>         Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
>

>             Alex Bolgarov wrote:
>
>                 On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Samisa Abeysinghe
>                 <samisa@wso2.com <mailto:samisa@wso2.com>> wrote:
>

>                     In the mean time, please send the valgrind log.
>

>                 I did send the valgrind log to the list
>

>             Sorry, I missed it (was a bit sleepy at the time I replied
>             ;) )
>
>             Looking at the log, it is a newly introduced one, with
>             Guththila parser. I remember Lahuri mentioning about this
>             leak once, and I was under the impression that this was
>             fixed. Anyway I will have a look.
>

>         I had a more detailed look into the code and there are some
>         leaks to be fixed. I am curretly at ApacheCon and do not have
>         access to a Linux box, and would only have time to fix this
>         next week. Can someone please look into this in the mean time.
>
>         Thanks,
>         Samisa...

>         For additional commands, e-mail:
>         axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org
>         <mailto:axis-c-user-help@ws.apache.org>
>

>     --
>     Samisa Abeysinghe Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
>
>     http://www.wso2.com/ - "Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."

> --
> http://inf-dimensions.blogspot.com "Infinite Dimensions"
> http://wsaxc.blogspot.com "Web Services With Axis2/C"